Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GET OVER YOURSELF!

Ok, people. Especially those of you in the dating scene. Listen carefully-NOT EVERY GUY/GIRL IS GOING TO BE INTO YOU. Hate it, but it's true, folks. Just because you were diggin your date, and was attracted to him/her, doesn't mean he/she felt the same. And guess what? Some people have manners, therefore, your date's politeness could easily get confused with the "chemistry" you think you feel. I cannot begin to count how many times I have been on a date with a guy and he point blank asks me "So, how do you feel like this date's going?". Uh....really? Why would you ask me that? Do you want the truth? Hell to the no. And I won't give it to you either. There's no way in hell that i'm gonna tell you "Actually, I'm not too attracted to you, your snaggletooth is driving me crazy, and we have nothing in common, so i'd say this date blows, so far." I (like most girls) am going to be polite and tell you that I am having a nice time, or some bullshit. SOOOO....DO NOT get all butt-hurt when I blow you off for a second date. Don't act like i'm an asshole cause I said the date was going fine, then failed to return your calls. We have all had our ego busted at some point, and ya just act pissy for a couple days, maybe get drunk, dust yourself off, and move on to the next. Maybe it's just me, but when a dude I'm into doesn't reciprocate the same vibe, I do not obssess over why. I assume either he was turned off by the way I talk (my language), or the AMOUNT that I talk, or my more masculine facial features, my laugh, WHATEVER!!! All of these qualities/characteristics seem petty, but are actually valid, if one is turned off by one of them. I mean, it doesn't rock me to the core, ya know? That being said-I have come across a few guys in my day who simply CAN NOT fathom this concept. They call, and txt, and FB, and e-mail, then call AGAIN, and repeat this cycle for months, even years! What really cracks me up is the message you get after about 3 un-returned contact attempts, where the message he leaves says something to the effect of "I'm not trying to bother you, but at this point, I'm just very worried about you. Are you ok? Just txt/call me and let me know you're alright, at least." LOL. NO YOU'RE NOT! I'm alive and well, Douchelord, and you know it! You can't trick me, Mr. Concerned! My reasoning for this entire blog is due to what I experienced last week. I went on a date with a guy from match.com. He was nice enough, but I knew right away that I wasn't into him. No attraction, I could tell he's needy, and he just seemed OFF to me. Anyway, at one point in the date he did a fucking flip-flop out of nowhere, and BOOM! His personality changed 100%. He REALLY started freakin me out, cause he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that I wouldn't spend the night at his place. On the way to my car, he began asking me what I was thinking (insert groan here), and when I told him nothing, he didn't believe me, and nagged me about it. He even let me know angrily that he'd be going to a bar after he dropped me off. Anyway, he called me after a number of times, here and there, and I blew him off as politely as possible. WELL....he txted me last week that he'd be coming through my town and wanted to see if i'd be down to get together. LUCKILY, I was out of town myself, and when I let him know this, he sounded a bit aggravated, I responded with something slightly blunt/smart-ass, and HE LOST HIS FUCKING MIND!!! He began txting me the most vile, ugly, sick, demented, disrespectful insults, one after another. For example (after like the 33rd txt he'd sent, and I called him a fool)- " I'm a fool with more money in the bank than you could snort up in ten years cunt". Uh...whaaaaah? HUH? Where did that come from? And that was one of the milder things he said! Luckily, I bartended for waaay too long, and developed a massive backbone that not only prevents me from being affected by insults like these from guys like him, it also provided me with a powerful mechanism to turn any one of these statements back into an insult toward him. It's pretty impressive, I must admit. :) I know, I know. I should take the high road and ignore people like this. It's just too much fun, when it's a situation as severe as this one was. The more he threw at me, the dumber he looked, and the more angry he got. Finally, either his head exploded, or he finally gave up. Either way, my point is-if your ego gets hurt, at least keep your dignity. If you know how to TAKE A FUCKING HINT, then you won't ever look like a desperate tool. Or a stalker. Or a LUNATIC!!! I am honestly a little bit worried that this guy will find out where I live and do something to me cause he was THAT distraught, and volatile. All I know is that if a dude wants to hurt my feelings, or make some sort of point, calling me a "cunt" or a "whore" sure as shit aint gonna do the trick. Like, that's the best you can do? If I had a dollar for every time I was called a "slut" (by guy or girl), I'd be a rich bitch. UN. ORIGINAL. If you haven't slept with me, and/or know nothing about me personally whatsoever, calling me a hoe doesn't make much sense, now does it? It's just the easiest insult to fall back on when a person can't come up with an actual reason he/she dislikes another.


And lastly-this is for all you ladies with whom i've discussed this, and who are equally annoyed by it-GUYS-DO NOT EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TXT ME "HEY"!!!!!!!! Hey? HEY WHAT, LOSER!? Speaking for myself, if you txt me "hey", you will never get a response from or speak to me ever again. I'd actually rather be called a cunt than receive "hey", via txt. LOL. It'd be slightly less annoying.
So what did we learn today, boys and girls?
1) If you like someone, but they don't like you back, it's not the end of the world.
2) Don't ask your date questions which he/she aren't in a position to answer truthfully, then use the answer you get as assurance.
3) 2 calls and/or txts without a response? Sorry sucka, move on. PLEASE!
4) Bashing someone you met once with threats and put-downs is the WRONG way to show him/her what he/she "could have had."
Happy Dating, Guys and Galls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers