Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Forced to be Lazy?

Why am I being forced to be lazy? I'm currently seeking employment, and this online application process is KILLING me!!! I miss the days when the lazy-ass person sitting at home applying online would never stand a chance against the old-school face-to-face job seeker such as myself. Yes, applying online is easier, in theory, but not for a person in my situation. I am currently a student in the healthcare field, and am trying to get employment through the local hospitals. I have no experience as far as employment history in the related skill set, but have passed classes, and performed numerous clinical rotations in the very hospitals I am applying with. I have performed the relevent skills, and am proficiant in them, yet unlicensed officially, until I finish my last semester of school. Therefore, I am qualified, yet do not appear to be on paper. The only way for me to explain my particular situation would be to speak to an actual person face-to-face. I'm actually going for positions I am OVERqualified for, and would be hired on the spot if I could only get an interview. It's so frusterating. In addition to all this, I happen to be a MASTER at the actual interview phase, and am much more appealing to an employer in person, yet am no longer given the chance to utilize such positive traits. All I really am trying to say is that if these bigger companies/businesses must use online hiring to narrow down the potential employee pool, they should at least give all applicants the appropriate options reguarding his/her level of qualifications.

1 comment:

  1. Hi TMurda, I read your recaps at TVG. Here is a thought regarding your situation...since you have contacts at the hospitals to which you are applying, why not contact them directly? Just say "i've applied online and would really appreciate 15 minutes of your time to explain my circumstances in person, as they do not currently translate well on paper", or something to that effect.

    Just an idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Followers