Monday, September 26, 2011

Homosexual Handbags?

I would really like to know when homosexuality became a trend to straight people. I am straight, but I find it offensive when women go out of their way to make any gay man they meet “THEIR gay”, like a fucking sidekick. It’s like they think a gay man will provide them with flaming entertainment and cool factor of some kind. They go out of their way to tell anyone who will listen about “my gay and I were having lunch…” or “I was shopping on Tues with my gay…” It’s really obnoxious and of bad taste, in my opinion. I am also bothered by the Bravo "housewives" using sexual experimentation with another female as a way to get attention, or cause they think it gives them some sort of "sexy factor". If a person truely has thoughts that they are possibly bisexual or gay, then by all means-EXPLORE AWAY! And if that person experiments and decides he/she isn’t actually gay after all, that’s fine too. But society (mainly reality tv) has made a circus out of a very personal thing. I believe gay people have the right to act as flamboyant or as private about their sexuality as they wish, but when straight people begin to treat them as an accessory or use them to portray a certain image of what they think is sexy, then it has crossed the line of consideration and respect. The worst is when the person has children (for ex-Kim Zolsiak), and they expect it not to affect the kids when they wake up one day and mommy has a girlfriend, but said mommy has chosen not to explain the situation to them, then suddenly POOF! Tomorrow Mommy is straight again! If someone has children, and chooses to transition into living as a homosexual or bisexual because they are truely 100% sure that they ARE homo/bisexual, then they would/should clearly handle the situation delicately, making sure the chidren were informed, and comfortable prior to said transition. Whatever. My point is that I have no idea when a person’s homo/bisexual preference meant that they are a clown for others to “collect”, paraded around for others to see. I guess i’m not personally offended, but I would definitely not appreciate being used and made a fool of for something as personal as my sexuality. I’m actually embarrassed to be straight when I see these things. Am I being dramatic? For all I know, gay individuals have no problem with this treatment, and if so, then God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers